First of all sorry to all of you who keep checking for pictures and finding that I am a bum who hasn't posted anything new. I have had lots of good intentions, but then watching Renee always wins out over everything else :) She has us both completely wrapped around her tiny little fingers.
The days are flying even though we have mostly been hiding out at home still. We did see her doctor on Monday to be sure she wasn't jaundice. He said she was pink enough that he didn't want to pick her heel to test, which was nice since we had a few of those in the hospital and no one enjoyed that! Grandma Susan was here with us from Saturday until Wednesday and made sure Renee wasn't the only one eating on a regular basis. She also got some baby snuggling time in so Glenn and I could do other things like nap. I know I am supposed to be sleeping when she is, but I get distracted too easily and then it's time to feed her again. Then she falls asleep and makes all these great noises and faces, and then I realize I missed my nap time again. It's all a vicious cycle!
I am feeling really well though. No real pain from surgery at this time. Have been able to sleep in a few mornings thanks to Glenn taking her after I feed her so I can go back to bed. And best of all, I have ankles again and my shoes fit without using a crowbar to get them on!
We have had people visiting throughout the week, including a extra special visit from my Aunt Rachel and Uncle Carl, who live in PA, but were out in Portland on business and made the long drive up to see us for the afternoon.
Auntie Penny also came to spend the night with us this weekend, which I love because she has lots of helpful info for me and is a good baby snuggler too!
We even had our first big outing last night and went to a party at our friends' house. Renee did really well getting to and from there, and was very alert for most of the time we were there. Snuck in a couple naps, but still showed off her big bright eyes to everyone.
So that is the last few days in a nutshell. I will now get the part you are all waiting for added... Pictures!!!
Will be quicker next time :)
Oh Mel! She is just gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to meet her! Taylor got me sick, so now I have a cold. Hopefully someday we will all be healthy and we can visit you!
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself! I didn't leave for a couple months, so you are doing better than I did!!!